Does Obama even care?
You know (to quote Caroline Kennedy), I am beginning to think Obama actually does NOT have a clue about what to do.
He had 300 economists advising him throughout his campaign for the presidency, yet he seems to have NO grasp of the economic situation or any clue what to do about it.
Does he even look at the Dow and what it has done since he (Obama) took office? http://finance.yahoo.com/q/bc?s=^DJI&t=3m
Does he care?
Does Obama realize the Dow plunged 400 points right after Obama's Treasury Secretary Tim Geithner made his big, important speech?
Does Obama think, maybe, Geithner -- who headed up the Federal Reserve bank of New York during the time the Wall Street meltdown was happening -- is NOT the person to dig us out of the hole he (Geithner) helped to create or at least let happen?
Does Obama care?
Most of the dollars in the "stimulus" legislation will NOT even be spent for another three, four, or five years. How in the heck can that be considered a "stimulus"?
Obama does know a few things:
(1) how to use other people to advance himself politically
(2) how to avoid saying anything in a clear, non-ambiguous way that people can trust
(3) how to take money from corporate lobbyists while claiming he would never do such a thing -- and taking the money with a straight face, so the Obamabots will believe his lies
(4) how to get illegal money from foreign interests while hiding those donations from scrutiny
(5) put forward a game plan that won't help the rest of us but might help him get re-elected in 2012
But he (Obama) doesn't know diddley about the economy, despite the tutoring by his 300 economic advisors. And, you know I think the tutoring by his 300 economic advisors might be at the root of Obama's problem.
If the recent past, economy-wise, is any guide, the LAST persons Obama should be listening to are economists, none of whom foresaw this economic crisis or, if they did, kept their knowledge a secret from the rest of us.
If Obama actually believes his "stimulus" effort and his budget for the coming year will lift us out of this economic black hole, he certainly has not made that optimism apparent to the rest of us or to the Wall Street investors who have been pulling their money out of the stock market at a furious clip.
Does Obama care?
Does Obama even grasp that every time he "warns" us that if we do not do exactly what he wants (and do it without questioning the merits of his plans), we will turn a "crisis" into a "catastrophe," he is guaranteeing increased fear and despair and a worsening of the situation.
Plus, I think we would have to say that based on Obama's giddy willingness, in the midst of this economic meltdown, to:
(1) hop onto the very-expensive-to-operate Air Force One to go to relatively unimportant events (instead of staying at his desk and focusing on this emergency)
(2) give more than the usual number of White House parties (while serving $100 a pound Kobe beef to the guests) "Obama kicks up White House entertaining"
(3) set a BAD example for the rest of us by NOT ordering a tightening of all entertainment budgets across the Executive Branch of government (meaning NO out-of-town trips unless to save a life, no parties, no serving expensive food),
Obama has shown himself to be an incompetent, ill-prepared, unfocused, lazy, out-of-touch leader -- the wrong leader for our nation at a time when we need someone who is honest, strong, clear-spoken (no forked tongue, please), wise, experienced at solving difficult problems, creative, hard-working, and did I mention "honest"?ShareThis